Sony FS5 Camera package
Inspire 2 Quadcopter
Letus Helix full size Gimbal (same class a Mövi Pro)
I enjoy drawing upon the latest technology and I bring a mixture of traditional techniques, along with more modern and advanced production methods, to tell stories in unique and interesting ways. I relish the technical challenges of working with specialist kit and I’m experienced in a wide range of filming techniques.
I’m always seeking to use the most advanced equipment while constantly developing my camera skills: ultra high definition cameras, high-speed / slow-motion cameras and stabilised gimbals both in the air and on the ground. I use these emerging technologies to film fresh and exciting sequences with the ultimate aim of bringing engaging and challenging stories to a wider audience. I am across all modern camera formats especially HD, UHD and 4K set-ups, working with modern large sensor cameras and prime lenses. Key camera skills include: presenter-led sync, hand-held observational and time-lapse.
Time-lapse photography is a passion of mine. It is more than just a technique to bring life into landscapes – it’s a powerful tool to create exciting sequences. Using my Canon time-lapse kit, with the Magic Lantern firmware, I utilise the latest processing techniques to produce stunning day-to-night time-lapses with three axis motion control where desired. I aim to create cinematic time-lapses that can be used to lift sequences, or used in their own right as a sequence.
I have a balanced understanding of the whole production process and, with career experiences as a shooter/editor in current affairs, I am used to crafting my footage with the insight of an editor whilst shooting. Editing has also given me a high level of expertise in current file-based media workflows which has proven to be invaluable on shoots as an additional skill. On location I’m confident when directing contributors and I have worked extensively with on-screen talent.
I’m happy to handle basic audio set-ups for shooting and will monitor levels effectively when required. I work well with directors, but also have good experience self-directing having produced many films as a self-shooting director. I have a keen understanding of narrative structure and storytelling, enabling me to make the most out of your sequence. Filmmaking, I believe, is a collaborative affair, and I relish the challenge of pulling all the threads together to produce films that are both informative and entertaining.
- Sony FS5 4K camera
- DJI Zenmuse X5 & X5S (used on Inspire 1 Pro and Inspire 2 quadcopters respectively)
- Canon 5D Mark III (+ATOMOS ProRes recorder)
- GoPro 4 silver (2.7k)
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 II USM
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/4 IS II USM
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II USM
- Canon EF 2X Extender III
- Metabones ‘Speed Booster Ultra’ EF-E mount adaptor
Aerials Cinematography Package
- DJI Inspire 1 Pro package with Zenmuse X5.
- DJI Inspire 2 package with Zenmuse X5S and full set of Olympus Lenses.
- My kit comes with dual controls if required for 2 person operation
- Letus Helix Gimbal – Stabilisation system in same class as mōvi pro with 7.3 KG (16 lb) payload.
- Zacuto Gratical Eye – market leading viewfinder suitable for all pro cameras
- Satchler Tripod System (0745); Legs: ENG 75/2 D HD; Fluid head: FSB 8T
- Movcam cage and universal shoulder plate system for both cameras
- Kessler Stealth Slider traveller length (0.72m) with ‘all-terrain’ legs
- Sennheiser ME-66 shot gun mic (directional)
- Sennheiser EW-100 G2 radio microphone kit including lavalier mic and transmitter and shotgun mic transmitter
- Juiced Link – Riggy-Micro RM222 audio pre-amp for high quality audio input for Canon DSLR with balanced inputs
- Sennheiser HD-25 1 II headphones
- Audio Technica AT875R Condenser Shotgun Microphone
Lighting Package (4 light kit)
- 2 x 1”x 1” light panels from F&V
- 1 x Westcott ice light 2
- 1 x Litepanels Mini High quality LED on-camera light
- 1 x small F&V LED on-camera light
- 4 x lighting stands 1 x Pelicase that fits whole kit inside